Write for us!
Short stories sought for publication in online quarterly journal focused on Science Fiction Romance
Length: 2,000 to 7,500 words.
Payment: 2.5 cents/word (US) paid upon publication, promotional biography with two links, and a complimentary quarter-page advertisement.
Deadline for Issue #6: 28 February, 2015.
Rights sought: Six-month exclusive world digital rights from date of publication; non-exclusive thereafter.
Other info: One short story will be published per issue. Please send only edited and polished work. Due to time constraints, we are unable to give personalized feedback on rejected stories.
Stories that tie-in to a previously established world will be considered, but story must stand alone.
All sub-genres of science fiction will be considered.
Any heat level, from sweet to erotic, will be considered. Original, previously unpublished fiction only. No fan fiction, please.
All stories must contain elements of science-fiction, include romance, and have an upbeat ending.
No multiple submissions. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please inform us if the story is placed elsewhere.
Submit! Standard manuscript format, please. Send brief cover letter with biographical information and publication history, along with attached story (.RTF or .DOC format) to Diane Dooley — Fiction #at# SciFiRomanceQuarterly #dot# org — by deadline.
— oOo —
UPDATE (23-Jan-2015, 15:35): I am adding a consolidated list of comment replies here in order to trim the comment thread.
- We are not accepting previously published stories. Only new stories please.
- We aren’t interested in novels. Only short stories to a maximum of 7,500 words.
- If a story doesn’t have an HEA/HFN (Happy Ever After / Happy For Now), then it can’t properly be classified as a Romance; more an “SF with Romantic Elements”. For the time being, we’re sticking with the requirement for straight SFR, as opposed to SFwRE. Should we change the requirements, I’ll update this page forthwith.
- Platonic romances in short stories are fine, as long as the romantic thread resolves with an HFN/HEA ending.
- We only accept one short story per writer per issue.
- Queer romances are fine.
- Stories from outside the USA are encouraged.
- If you have a story that’s tied in to a universe you’ve written, that’s fine, but the story must make sense without having to resort to reading those events in previous/future books.